.

Saturday 16 August 2014

Summer isn't over yet

The weather hasn't exactly been warm here but I am not ready to say goodbye to Summer just yet. I love all the different seasons but one of the things I love in Summer is the agricultural shows. I just love how English they are. I adore browsing around the competition tents full of cakes, biscuits, craft work, home produce and home grown veggies. Then there are the adorable animals, the dunk the farmer game, the tug of war and the tractor pull.  Here are some of the highlights for me this year...........

Where else can you get to see all of this in one place???

Gorgeous quilting


Afternoon tea competition

Beautiful rare breed sheep

Aren't they adorable??

They were so friendly too!!

and the incredible Lamb National....

complete with jumps ..........

and jockeys!!




I am planning on entering a few competitions next year ;))
Just one more show to go this Summer in a couple of weeks time which I'll report back on another day. Now I'm off to another special annual Summer Event - Lytham's 1940s weekend.  I'll share that with you in my next post. What are you up to this weekend? Have you been to any Summer events lately? xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...